Terms and conditions
- The ‘All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ promotion (the “Promotion”) runs from 00:00 18 July 2017, until 23:59 28 August 2017(the promotional period), at participating Mobil branded outlets. Entries will be received until 10:00 on 29 August 2017.
- Three entries will be selected at random as participants in an event where they will have the chance to win the Major Prize – a 2017 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD double cab ute.
- All entries remain the property of the promoter: Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited, PO Box 2497, Wellington.
- There is one major prize of 2017 Ford Ranger XLT double cab ute including On-Road Costs (major prize) valued at NZ$63,000.00, two consolation prizes of a $1,000 Mobil gift card and 42 daily prizes of $500 Mobil gift cards. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Daily prize draws for each $500 Mobil gift card will take place from 19 July 2017 until 29 August 2017 by 10am each day. The major draw will take place by 10am on Wednesday 30 August 2017 to select 3 finalists to participate in the major prize event for the chance to win the major prize.
- Entry into this prize draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- An entry into the prize draw will be void if it is incomplete, lost, late, illegible, stolen, damaged, unauthorised, photocopied or invalid in any way.
- To enter, customers must spend $40 or more on fuel (excluding LPG) at Mobil branded outlets during the promotional period, text the unique code found on the Mobil purchase docket or scratch card to 5853, or enter the unique code online at promotions.mobil.co.nz, by 10:00 on 29 August 2017.
- Each code may only be entered once and the docket/receipt or scratch card must be retained in order to claim the prize.
- Each valid code submitted will be entered into the daily prize draw for the day following entry and the grand prize draw at the end of the promotion period. Codes printed on the purchase docket with a purchase of $40 or more of 95/98, Synergy Supreme, or Supreme+ fuel will automatically count as two entries into the promotion when entered /text.
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents only, except Mobil’s service station dealers (including, without limitation independent dealers, lease dealers, franchisees, and commission agents) and employees of Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited, their subsidiaries, data processing agents and advertising agents (all the foregoing to be collectively referred to as “Mobil Associates”), and the families of Mobil Associates.
- All daily $500 Mobil Gift card winners will be notified by phone and confirmed by letter. If any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 24 hours of the prize draw, that winner will forfeit the prize and a redraw will be made. All winners will be ineligible for subsequent daily prizes, however they will be entered into the major prize draw at the end of the promotional period.
- If an entrant drawn as a finalist in the half time event cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 48 hours of the prize draw, that finalist will forfeit their place as a participant in the major prize event and a redraw will be made.
- Once a finalist has been contacted and proof of purchase confirmed, they will be sent documentation from the promoter to confirm their ability to attend the game on the necessary dates and agree to the terms and conditions of the half time ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event. Within 48 hours of receiving this letter, finalist must complete the form, sign and return to DDB in the courier bag provided, with their scratch card or docket featuring the unique code as proof of purchase and verification.
- Mobil will provide each finalist with transport from their home to North Harbour QBE Stadium, double tickets to the All Blacks versus South Africa on Saturday 16 September 2017 and accommodation for the night of Saturday 16 September 2017. All other costs related to travel for attending and participating in the half time event will be at finalist’s own expense.
- Finalist will forfeit the right to attend and participate in the half time ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event if they cannot adhere to the travel dates, supply the winning scratch card or docket, or adhere to the terms and conditions outlined herein, or accept or take their prize for any reason. Finalist must advise Mobil as soon as possible if they do not or cannot meet these requirements. Forfeiture of prize is at the finalist’s own risk and cost in all respects and Mobil has no obligation to replace or refund or agree to a substitute. Mobil at its own discretion may award the major prize or consolation prizes to someone else.
- If Mobil is prohibited by law from awarding a prize to any winner, Mobil will be entitled to declare that entry void and carry out another draw.
- (a) Any additional costs or expenses associated with attending and participating in the half time event, the major prize, or items which have not been confirmed by Mobil as included in the package at the time of booking shall be the finalist’s sole responsibility.
(b) It is also winner’s responsibility to cover any costs associated with collection of or redemption of their prize including any additional costs associated with the prize.
- It is the finalist’s responsibility to ensure they are able to travel on Saturday 16th September 2017 to the game at North Harbour stadium.
- It is the finalist’s responsibility to organise their own travel insurance if they so wish.
- All winners and event participants agree to the use by Mobil of their name, town of residence and photograph for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and copyright will vest in Mobil. Winners must make themselves available for publicity photographs.
- Any personal information provided will be used by Mobil, for the purposes of this Promotion. Mobil will hold personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. Personal information will not be disclosed except when required by law. The Privacy Act entitles you the right to access and correct your personal information.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Mobil nor any other person or party associated with this Promotion including the Event, shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this Promotion or with any prize offered.
- Mobil’s decision as to aspects of this Promotion and the (including in respect of each draw for a winner or finalist) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any questions relating to the Promotion should be referred to Mobil Customer services on 0800 880 361.
- The half time ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ event (herewith referred to as the ‘Event’) will take place at the half time mark of the All Blacks vs South Africa game on Saturday 16 September 2017.
- Set up, operation and adjudicating the ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event will be at the sole discretion and responsibility of Mobil Oil New Zealand.
- Mobil Oil New Zealand will set the Event as follows:
- Each finalist will have an individually marked ball identifying the kicker of the ball.
- The ball must land and stay in the back tray of the ute. Any ball that lands and then bounces or rolls out of the tray of the ute will be deemed unsuccessful. The ball must land and stay in the back tray of the ute to constitute a win.
- All three finalists will kick for the back tray of a ute from the 20 metre mark; the finalist who lands their ball into the back tray of the ute will be deemed the winner of the Major prize...
- If all two or three finalists are successful from the 20 metre mark, those successful finalists will move back to the 25 metre mark for the deciding kick; the finalist who lands their ball into the back tray of the ute will win the ute. Kicking will continue from the 25 metre mark until one lands their ball into the back tray of the ute.
- If all three finalists miss from the 20 metre and/or 25 metre mark, all three will move forward to the 10 metre mark and then onwards to the 5 metre mark until one lands their ball into the back tray of the ute.
- Adjudication and final decision on the winner will be by a Mobil Oil New Zealand representative. The adjudicator’s decision will be final and no correspondence may be entered into.
- The major prize finalists for ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ each acknowledge and agree that:
- you will not hold Mobil Oil New Zealand or their representatives responsible for any injury, harm, death, damage or loss to yourself, your property or any other person or property that may occur during participation in any part of the ‘All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event (including practices for participation in the ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event, if any) or otherwise in relation to the ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Promotion. In particular you agree that you waive any rights to bring a claim against the promoter, its board, officers and employees, its sponsors and the party running ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event in relation to any such injury, harm, death, damage or loss as referred to above;
- agree to indemnify Mobil Oil New Zealand from and against all liability, claims, demands, costs, actions and proceedings whatsoever arising from the ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event;
- warrant to Mobil Oil New Zealand that you are in good health and do not have any medical or other conditions that might be affected by your participation in ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ event;
- agree that if you are injured while participating in ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event (or any associated practice or promotional activity), medical assistance can be provided to you;
- warrant to Mobil Oil New Zealand that you are not under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs at the time of participation at ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event, and accept that if it is deemed Mobil Oil New Zealand or their representatives that you have been drinking or are impaired in any way you will be prohibited from participating in ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event;
- agree to promptly comply with all directions and instructions given by Mobil Oil New Zealand or their representatives during ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event;
- agree to wear any item of clothing as deemed necessary by Mobil Oil New Zealand or their representatives during the ’ Boot for a Ute’ Event and to remove any item of clothing if deemed unsafe and
- consent to Mobil Oil New Zealand and their representatives using your name and image in television footage and/or photography for publicity and promotional purposes.
- The two runners up of the ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ Event will each receive a $1,000 Mobil gift card at the completion of the Event – awarded on the night. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- The major prize ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ winner will receive their prize on Friday 27 October 2017 and will be put in contact with Ford New Zealand to arrange prize delivery.
THE HALF TIME ’All Blacks Boot for a Ute’ EVENT