“Change Your Destination with Mobil” promotion.
Terms and conditions of entry:
- The 2019 New Zealand (NZ) “Change Your Destination with Mobil” promotion (the “Promotion”) commences 00:00 Tuesday, 16 April 2019 and ends 23:59 Monday, 27 May 2019 at participating Mobil branded stores. Automatic entries will be received until 06:15 Tuesday, 28 May 2019 and promotional codes will be accepted until 12:00 NZT Tuesday, 28 May 2019.
- There are three Major Prizes to be won for a travel package with a total retail value of NZ$25,000 (including GST) each. Each of the three Major Prize winners may choose one of the following pre-determined travel packages:
a) a road trip on the famous Route 66 in the United States
b) a road trip to see the highlands and lakes in Scotland or,
c) a road trip to discover the wonders of Norway.
The travel package selected by the winner cannot include liquor or vouchers or entitlements to liquor in any respect. Failure to comply will trigger clause 8(b). It shall be the winner’s responsibility to confirm all travel, accommodation, activities, meals and other services and items that are included within the NZ$25,000 travel package at the time of booking. Any additional costs, expenses or items which have not been confirmed as included in the package at the time of booking shall be the winner’s sole responsibility without exception.
- There are six ‘Bonus Prizes’ for registered Mobil Smiles members. A Mobil Smiles registered card holder winner will be drawn for each week of the Promotion, see clause 9. The Bonus Prize is NZ$1,000 worth of Mobil Smiles points, awarded as 50,000 Mobil Smiles points loaded on to the winner’s registered Mobil Smiles card. The smiles points will be transferred within two (2) weeks of winners’ announcement.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash. However, for the Major Prize, at the discretion of BCD Travel New Zealand (BCD), winners can alter the travel prize destination and travel packages within the prize value of NZ$25,000 (including GST). Any money not used or allocated during this trip will be disbursed as a voucher from BCD and for the sole use within BCD and its services to be used within one (1) year of issuing.
- Mobil will provide each Major Prize winner with the details for BCD where the travel package must be booked. To accept the prize, each winner must agree to the terms and conditions set out in the booking form from BCD at the time a booking is made and must also agree to all terms and conditions associated with any prize chosen.
- Travel must be booked prior to 30 September 2020 and all travel completed by 31 October 2020. Travel will not be permitted between 15 December 2019 and 15 January 2020.
- If any Major Prize or part of the Major Prize is not available as advertised at the time of booking, Mobil will provide a similar prize of equal value, in its sole discretion, as advised by BCD.
- (a) Winners of the Major Prizes will be drawn at the end of each fortnight of the Promotion as follows:
a) 16-29 April 2019 Major Prize first fortnightly draw: 10:00 am, 9 May 2019.
b) 30 April – 13 May 2019 Major Prize second fortnightly draw: 10:00 am, 23 May 2019
c) 14-27 May 2019 Major Prize third fortnightly draw: 10:00 am, 06 June 2019.
(b) A back up winner will be drawn following the first draw in the event Mobil and its designated agents are unable to contact the individual and where the contact grace period has elapsed. A contact grace period is two (2) days from initial selection, see clause 8a. Additionally, where the winner does not comply with clause 16, clause 17 and clause 19 of these terms and conditions, these redraw criteria will be triggered as with failure to comply with clause 20 and clause 22. The process described above shall continue until a winner is contacted in accordance with this agreement. Once the ‘Major Prize’ winner is confirmed, the process to identify a winner comes to an end and the draws not used will be discarded.
- Winners of the six (6) NZ$1,000 Bonus Prizes for registered Mobil Smiles members will be drawn at the end of each week as follows:
a) 16 – 22 April Bonus Prize first week draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 2 May 2019.
b) 23 – 29 April Bonus Prize second week draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 9 May 2019.
c) 30 – 06 May Bonus Prize third week draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 16 May 2019.
d) 07 – 13 May Bonus Prize fourth week draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 23 May 2019.
e) 14 – 20 May Bonus Prize fifth week draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 30 May 2019.
f) 21 – 27 May Bonus Prize sixth week draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 06 June 2019.
- No changes can be made for alternative prizes and prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Redraw of winners follows clause 8(b).
- These terms and conditions represent the entirety of this agreement. No representation, additional document or source of information outside of what is covered herein, before, during or after this promotion, can be relied on or sourced as being additional to or in contest with these terms and conditions.
- Mobil reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend or terminate any aspect of the Promotion or cancel the Promotion at any time.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Mobil nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with the prize offered. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Mobil and its related bodies corporate (including its officers, employees, contractors and agents) exclude all liability (including in negligence), for any personal injury, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of participation in the Promotion or use of any prize.
- Any questions relating to the Promotion should be referred to Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited on 0800 880 361.
- Where legal action is brought against Mobil or its agents, the plaintiff will bear all costs. The laws governing the application and interpretation of this agreement will be those of New Zealand. Arbitration will be sought before any formal court actions are lodged and details of provider and timings will be agreed upon by both parties at the earliest convenience.
- To enter the Promotion, customers must be eighteen years or older, comply with clause 21 and satisfy one of the following conditions:.
a) Spend $40 or more on regular fuel (excluding LPG) in a single transaction and swipe their registered Mobil Smiles card to automatically receive instant entry into the corresponding fortnightly Major Prize draw and one weekly Bonus Prize draw
b) Spend $40 or more on regular fuel (excluding LPG) in a single transaction and swipe an unregistered Mobil Smiles card to get a promotional voucher with an 8-character SINGLE entry unique code for the Major prize Draw. To enter the Major Prize draw, the customer must enter their details and their unique code via the online entry form found at promotions.mobil.co.nz prior to promotion closure. Each code can only be entered once, and the promotional voucher must be retained to claim the prize. The entry will be valid for the corresponding day the customer enters their code using the online entry form and is not valid for the Bonus Prize draw.
c) Spend $40 or more on Premium fuel (Premium 95 or Premium 98) in a single transaction and swipe their registered Mobil Smiles card to automatically receive DOUBLE entry into the corresponding fortnightly Major Prize draw and SINGLE entry into the weekly Bonus Prize draw.
d) Spend $40 or more on Premium fuel (Premium 95 or Premium 98) in a single transaction and swipe their unregistered Mobil Smiles card to get a promotional voucher with an 8-character DOUBLE entry unique code. To enter the Major Prize draw, the customer must enter their details and their unique code via the online entry form found at promotions.mobil.co.nz prior to the promotion closure. Each code may only be entered once, and the promotional voucher must be retained to claim the prize. The entry will be valid for the corresponding day the customer enters their code using the online entry form and is not valid for the Bonus Prize draw.
- Registered Mobil Smiles card/unique code entries are available for qualifying purchases only using approved payment means (in each case as stated by the participating Mobil branded store).
- Entry into this Promotion via unique code is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entry into this Promotion via your registered Mobil Smiles card is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Customers are only eligible to win ONE Major Prize during the Promotion and ONE Bonus Prize during the Promotion where clause 16 entry details satisfied. If a double up occurs for either prize draw, the second draw will be invalid and the process in clause 8(b) will apply in respect of a Major Prize and a redraw will be made in respect of a Bonus Prize as seen in clause 10.
- A unique code entry submission into the Promotion will be void if it is incomplete, lost, late, illegible, stolen, damaged, unauthorized, photocopied or invalid in any way.
- Entry is open to New Zealand citizens or New Zealand Permanent Residents. Under Mobil Smiles terms and condition, the prizes draws are open to personal customers only.
- The following are excluded from this Promotion: (a) Fleetcard holders, joint cardholders and LPG purchases; (b) Mobil’s service station dealers (including, without limitation independent dealers, lease dealers and commission agents) and employees of Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited, their subsidiaries, data processing agents and advertising agents (all the foregoing to be collectively referred to as “Mobil Associates”), and the families of Mobil Associates.
- All winners of the Major Prizes and Bonus Prizes will be notified by phone and confirmed by letter. If any winner cannot be contacted to claim their prize within 48 hours of the prize draw, the winner identification process described in clause 8(b) will apply in respect of a Major Prize.
- Once a Major Prize or Bonus Prize winner has been contacted, they will be sent a letter as confirmation of their win. Within 7 days of receiving this letter, the winner must complete the form, sign and return it to DDB NZ in the courier bag provided or via email, with a copy of their registered Mobil Smiles card OR promotional voucher in order to be deemed a winner.
- Winners will forfeit the prize if they cannot supply their promotional voucher OR copy of registered Mobil Smiles card or adhere to the terms and conditions outlined herein. Winner must advise Mobil as soon as possible if they do not or cannot meet these requirements. Forfeiture of prize is at the winner’s own risk and cost in all respects and Mobil has no obligation to replace or refund or agree to a substitute. Mobil at its own discretion may award the Major Prize or Bonus Prize to a backup winner as detailed in clause 8(b) of these terms and conditions.
- If Mobil is prohibited by law from awarding a prize to any winner, Mobil will be entitled at its sole discretion to declare that entry void and move to begin the process of awarding the prize to the next drawn winner.
- Any additional costs or expenses associated with the prizes which are not included in the description at the end of these terms and conditions, shall be the winner’s sole responsibility. It is also the winner’s responsibility to cover any costs associated with collection of or redemption of their prize including any additional costs associated with the prize.
- All winners agree to the use by Mobil of their name, town of residence and photograph for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and copyright will vest in Mobil. Winners must make themselves available for publicity photographs.
- In these terms and conditions, Mobil means Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited.
- All entries remain the property of the promoter: Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited, PO Box 2497, Wellington.
- Any personal information provided will be used by Mobil and its agency for this Promotion and shared with prize providers to facilitate delivery of prizes. Mobil will hold personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. Personal information will not be disclosed except when required by law. The Privacy Act entitles you the right to access and correct your personal information.
- Each Major Prize consists of a NZ$25,000.00 (including GST) travel voucher from BCD Travel New Zealand, with prize value based on:
(a) Travel for a family (two adults and two children under the age of 12 years) OR four adults;
(b) Economy class return flexi fare from winner’s home airport to clause 2 destinations;
(c) Two weeks’ Budget car rental (Jeep or similar);
(d) Two Queen rooms interconnected accommodation for 6 nights;
(e) Total spending money of NZ$5,000.00.
- It is each winner's responsibility to:
(a) confirm all travel, accommodation, activities, meals and other services and items that are included within the travel package at the time of booking;
(b) cover any travel costs associated with collection or redemption of their prize;
(c) cover any additional costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to service, visa applications, departure taxes, insurance, driver’s license, on-road costs, and medical testing and requirements.
(d) ensure that any all individuals and accompanying children travelling are legally able to travel, with valid passports and permitted entry to destination country(s)
MAJOR PRIZE DESCRIPTION
BONUS PRIZE DESCRIPTIONSix (6) x NZ$1,000 in Mobil Smiles points, awarded as 50,000 Mobil Smiles points, loaded onto the given winner’s registered Mobil Smiles card. All Bonus Prize draw winners will be drawn on stipulated dates seen in clause 9.