Terms and conditions of entry
- The 2018 NZ “Mobil Mystery Prize” promotion (the “Promotion”) commences 00:00 Tuesday, 11 December 2018 and ends 23:59 Monday, 21 January 2019 at participating Mobil branded stores. Entries will be received until 12:00 Tuesday, 22 January 2019.
- There are three ‘Mystery Prize’ cars – one prize of a different make and model vehicle for each week of the Promotion. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- There are 1,026 ‘Bonus Prizes’ for registered Mobil Smiles members. A Mobil Smiles registered card holder winner will be drawn from each of the participating Mobil branded outlets for each week of the Promotion. The Bonus Prize is $100.00 worth of Mobil Smiles points, awarded as 5,000 Mobil Smiles points loaded on to the winner’s registered Mobil Smiles card. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- (a) Winners of the Mystery Prize will be drawn at the end of each fortnight of the Promotion as follows:
11-24 Dec 2018 Mystery Prize first fortnightly draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 3 January 2019.
25 Dec 2018 - 7 Jan 2019Mystery Prize second fortnightly draw: 10:00 am Thursday, 24 January 2019.
8-21 Jan 2019 Mystery Prize third and final fortnightly draw: 10:00 am Tuesday, 5 February 2019.
(b) Two back up winners will be drawn simultaneously as cover; in the event that we are unable to contact the first drawn winner within the timeframe as stipulated in Clause 15 or the winner does not comply with clause 16 and clause 18 of these terms and conditions. If we are unable to contact the first drawn winner the first drawn back up winner will be treated as winner subject to clause 15 and clause 16 and clause 18 but if we are unable to contact the first drawn back up winner or the winner does not comply with clause 16 and claused18 the second drawn back up winner will be treated as winner subject to clause 15 and clause 16 and clause 18 but if we are unable to contact the second drawn back up winner or the winner does not comply with clause 16 and clause 18 we will again treat the first drawn winner as winner subject to clause 15 and clause 16 and clause 18 and the process described above shall continue until a winner is contacted in accordance with this agreement. Once the ‘Mystery Prize’ winner is confirmed, the process to identify a winner comes to an end and the draws not used will be discarded.
- Winners of the 1,026x $100 Bonus Prize for registered Mobil Smiles members will be drawn at the end of the Promotion on Tuesday, 5 February 2019. A winner will be drawn for each week of the Promotion, from each of the participating Mobil stations around New Zealand. All winners will be notified by email to their registered Mobil Smiles email address. Mobil Smiles points will be automatically accredited into the Mobil Smiles card account drawn.
- To enter the Promotion, customers must be eighteen years or older, must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident, spend $40 or more on fuel (excluding LPG) at Mobil branded stores between Tuesday, 11 December 2018 and Monday, 21 January 2019 and swipe their Mobil Smiles card.
- If a customer swipes their registered Mobil Smiles card at time of purchase of $40 or more of fuel (excluding LPG), the customer will automatically receive instant DOUBLE entry into the corresponding weekly Mystery Prize draw and the Bonus Prize draw – no requirement for unique code online entry, no further action by customer is required
- If the customer swipes an unregistered Mobil Smiles card, the customer will be issued a promotional voucher with a 7-character SINGLE entry unique code. To enter the Mystery Prize draw, the customer must enter their details and their unique code via the online entry form found at promotions.mobil.co.nz during the promotional period. Each code may only be entered once and the promotional voucher must be retained to claim the prize. The entry will be valid for the Mystery Prize draw that corresponds with the day the customer enters their code using the online entry form and is not valid for the Bonus Prize draws for registered Mobil Smiles members.
- Instant registered Mobil Smiles card/unique code entries are available for qualifying purchases using approved payment means (in each case as stated by the participating Mobil branded store).
- Entry into this Promotion via unique code is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entry into this Promotion via your registered Mobil Smiles card is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Customers are only eligible to win ONE Mystery Prize during the Promotion and ONE Bonus Prize during the Promotion. If a double up occurs for either prize draw, the second draw will be invalid and the process in clause 4(b) will apply in respect of a Mystery Prize and a redraw will be made in respect of a Bonus Prize.
- A unique code entry submission into the Promotion will be void if it is incomplete, lost, late, illegible, stolen, damaged, unauthorised, photocopied or invalid in any way.
- Entry is open to New Zealand citizens or New Zealand Permanent Residents. Under Mobil Smiles terms and condition, the prize draw is open to personal customers only.
- The following are excluded from this Promotion: (a) Fleetcard holders, joint cardholders and LPG purchases; (b) Mobil’s service station dealers (including, without limitation independent dealers, lease dealers and commission agents) and employees of Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited, their subsidiaries, data processing agents and advertising agents (all the foregoing to be collectively referred to as “Mobil Associates”), and the families of Mobil Associates.
- All winners of the Mystery Prize (cars) will be notified by phone and confirmed by letter. If any winner cannot be contacted to claim their prize within 48 hours of the prize draw, the winner identification process described in clause 4(b) will apply in respect of a Mystery Prize.
- Once a Mystery Prize winner has been contacted, they will be sent a letter as confirmation of their win. Within 7 days of receiving this letter, the winner must complete the form, sign and return to it DDB in the courier bag provided or via email, with a copy of their registered Mobil Smiles Card OR promotional voucher in order to be deemed a winner.
- A Bonus Prize winner will be notified by email to their registered Mobil Smiles email address advising that their $100 worth of Mobil Smiles points (5,000 points) will be accredited directly into their Mobil Smiles account. No further action is required from the Bonus Prize winner.
- Winners will forfeit the prize if they cannot supply their promotional voucher OR copy of registered Mobil Smiles Card, or adhere to the terms and conditions outlined herein. Winner must advise Mobil as soon as possible if they do not or cannot meet these requirements. Forfeiture of prize is at the winner’s own risk and cost in all respects and Mobil has no obligation to replace or refund or agree to a substitute. Mobil at its own discretion may award the Mystery Prize to a backup winner as detailed in Clause 4(b) of these terms and conditions.
- If Mobil is prohibited by law from awarding a prize to any winner, Mobil will be entitled to declare that entry void and move to begin the process of awarding the prize to the next drawn winner.
- Any additional costs or expenses associated with the prize which are not included in the description at the end of these terms and conditions, shall be the winner’s sole responsibility. It is also winner’s responsibility to cover any costs associated with collection of or redemption of their prize including any additional costs associated with the prize.
- All winners agree to the use by Mobil of their name, town of residence and photograph for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and copyright will vest in Mobil. Winners must make themselves available for publicity photographs.
- In these terms and conditions, Mobil means Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited.
- All entries remain the property of the promoter: Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited, PO Box 2497, Wellington.
- Any personal information provided will be used by Mobil and its agency for this Promotion and shared with prize providers to facilitate delivery of prizes. Mobil will hold personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. Personal information will not be disclosed except when required by law. The Privacy Act entitles you the right to access and correct your personal information.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Mobil nor any other person or party associated with this Promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion or with any prize offered. Prize winners accept their prize in all respects at their own risk.
- Mobil’s decision as to aspects of this Promotion and the prize draws will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any questions relating to the 2018 NZ “Mobil Mystery Prize” Promotion should be referred to Mobil Customer Services on 0800 880 361.
MYSTERY PRIZE DESCRIPTION3x Mystery Prize cars as detailed below:
Fortnight 1 car = 2018 Peugeot Allure 2008 SUV factory standard, available in Bianca White, Nera Black and Cumulous Grey (Dark Silver).
Fortnight 2 car = 2018 Mini Cooper 3 Door hatch in Chili Red colour only, with 7-Speed Steptronic transmission, white roof and mirror caps and 16” alloy wheels. Additional accessories can be included at winners’ own cost and arranged directly with Dealer.
Fortnight 3 & final car = 2018 Mazda BT-50 GSX 2WD Ute factory standard. The winner may choose a colour available from current market stock at time of redemption.
All vehicles come factory standard unless otherwise noted. After market accessories can be included and arrange directly with Vehicle Dealers at winner’s own cost
All ORC costs are included. A valid New Zealand Drivers’ License (a minimum Restricted License) must be presented to the Dealer for the purpose of registering the vehicle and the ability to drive it away from the Dealer. If the winner does not have a valid civil license, then they may bring a friend or family member who does, in order to complete the registration process and claim the prize.
BONUS PRIZE DESCRIPTION1,026x $100 in Mobil Smiles points, awarded as 5,000 Mobil Smiles points, loaded onto the given winner’s registered Mobil Smiles card. All Bonus Prize draw winners will be drawn on Tuesday, 5 February 2019. See clause 5 of these Terms & Conditions for full details of prize delivery.